Osceola Community Education is hosting it’s 28th annual Osceola Rustic Road Fun Run!
The Fun Run events include 5k Walk/Run and 10k Run along County Road S; the Original Rustic Road route, a 2.0 mile Fun Walk through scenic Osceola and a free Children’s Race for kids 10 and under. Registered participants in the Walk and Run will receive a Fun Run t-shirt, are eligible for door prize drawings (must be present to win) and enjoy refreshments.
5K/10K Runners and 5K walkers:
• 7:15a.m. National Anthem in front of school
• 7:17a.m. Load Buses
• 7:30a.m. Buses Depart for race drop off locations.
• 8:00a.m. Races begin.
Registration and Packet Pick-up
Early Registration is accepted until May 31, 2017. Day of race registration for the 5k/10k run is from 6:30 – 7:30 a.m. in the Osceola Intermediate School commons. Buses will leave at 7:30 am to take runners to the race start. A 2 Mile Fun Walk will begin from the school at 8 a.m. Fun Walk registration begins at 7:15 a.m. Pre-registration is suggested for the 5k/10k runs and the 2 mile walk. Registration forms can also be picked up at any of the Osceola School District offices. The registration fee includes a t-shirt, refreshments and drawings for door prizes during the awards ceremony Saturday morning.
Medals will be awarded to First and Second Place runners in the 5k and 10k races and to the best overall runners in the men’s and women’s race events.
Safety – Please Read Carefully
• Follow all arrows and or signs on the road. There will be local traffic on the roads so please stay on the RIGHT 1/8th of the road. Especially in the two tight curve areas on County Rd S. There will be a police officer directing traffic at the Highway 35 crossing, which is about 1 mile from the finish line. After you cross Highway 35, stay on the left side to the finish. If you need a ride, stop and wait, a vehicle will pick you up and bring you to the finish.
• Walkers, please use the sidewalks when available.
• 5k Walkers/Runners – Please use restrooms at school before leaving.
• 10k Runners – There will be a port-a-potty at the start only.
Bags and purses – Bags and purses may be left on the bus and will be returned to the Osceola Intermediate School after runners are dropped at starting point. Osceola School District and Osceola Community Ed are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Water stops for runners along the way.
Race Results: Complete race results for all runners will be posted in the Intermediate School Commons as soon as they are tabulated.
All Participants: Refreshments, Door Prizes (must be present to win) in the commons area.