Little Wolf Adventure Triathlon to benefit the Manawa Area Veterans Freedom Park.
The triathlon is a kayak, bike, run event at the Manawa Area Veterans Freedom Park at Beach Street in Manawa (behind the Sturm Memorial Library). The triathlon is a fundraiser to raise funds for building and maintaining the park. The triathlon starts with a 2.2k kayak paddle beginning at the MAVFP and follows the Manawa Millpond shoreline to the Little Wolf County Park. The bike portion is an 18.5k bike ride through the countryside around Manawa on paved country roads starting and ending at the Little Wolf County Park. The bike course features challenging hill climbs as well as fast and flat sections. The run portion is a 5K run from the Little Wolf County Park, down the Pat Wade Memorial trail, through downtown Manawa and ending at the Manawa Area Veterans Freedom Park. The run starts with a challenging hill climb into a crushed gravel trail section followed by a flat paved trail section and finishes with a paved downhill back to the park. The course is challenging enough for more advanced athletes but still rewarding for amateurs. Awards will be given for the top participants in each age group and all registrants receive a t-shirt. Individual entry fee is $60 and Team entry fee is $80 for our inaugural race. Limited to the first 150 registrants.
- Triathlon is a kayak division only. No SUPs or Canoes will be allowed. No Tandem Kayaks.
- Individual or Team Event.
- Teams can be two or three person teams. One person will compete in each event (two-person teams means one person has to do two events). Teams must complete all 3 legs of the race to get an overall time and qualify for the overall team medals.
- Teams will not be segregated by sex or age.
- T-shirt sizes will be small, medium, large, extra-large, and 2XLarge. Participants must register by June 1 to be guaranteed a T-Shirt
- Participants will receive water and fresh fruit after the race. There will be a ‘brat fry’ available for purchase for participants and spectators as well as a DJ at the finish line.
Individual age groups will be female and male: 14 to 19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Kayak and bike rentals are available at Adventure Outfitters in Waupaca, WI (about 20 min from the race location). https://adventureoutfittersllc.com/