Tortoise & Hare Race Timing
Tortoise & Hare Race Timing delivers race timing solutions using the latest RFID chip timing technology. We leverage a variety of antenna types that allow us to time your event with overhead, side mount or mat-based antennas. We exclusively use disposable “chips” that attach to the runners/cyclist bib. Our overhead antennas do away with messy timing mats. Volunteers love the fact that they don’t have to remove chips after the race. We time races and provide race results for events in Washington and Oregon including events in Seattle, Bellevue, Woodinville, Bellingham, Snohomish County and King County. While some timing companies use an a la carte approach to their offering, we include all of our services in a single price with no hidden charges. At Tortoise & Hare Race Timing Company, we time all sorts of events including running events 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathons, marathons, and cycling time trials and mountain bike races.
Anchor races in Washington include:
- Race for the Cure – Susan G. Komen Puget Sound
- Can Do 5k – Northwest Families
- Viking Tour – Cycling Time Trial
- Free to Breathe Run/Walk – Tacoma
George and Liz have over 30 years of racing experience from local 5ks, 10ks, cycling, marathons and Ironman finishes at Hawaii, Lake Tahoe , New Zealand, China, and Team RAAM. Please contact George and Liz McKinnon for more information to schedule your next event.
Our race timing services include:
- Prerace planning and consultation – Every event is unique and we want to work closely with you to ensure your goals are met
- Posting of your race on our website – to help promote your event
- Online pre-race registration services, including Pay Pal payment processing
- Race day registrations processing and procedures
- Utilizing the latest ITS Jaguar chip timing systems
- Disposable, timing chips, in multiple styles to meet your race needs
- Final overall, division and class results and award results, provided promptly onsite to race director
- Final race results posted on the internet
- Full complement of supporting equipment, including all finishline equipment, race clocks, cones, generators, etc..
We pride ourselves on customizing our race timing company services to your event. If you would like more information or have questions, you can reach us at: